Picked up at the 2018 Medford SXS shoot and shot very little. To much time with a nice Grant sidelever and my short 10's. Sold through the London shop right at the end of the Victorian period. First time out I shot it very well and the gun fit was very good. 2'nd outing last fall it also performed very well. Had it out a few weeks ago and shot it poorly. Thought about it and decided it was lack of concentration and lazy gun mount. I was dropping my ready position down towards my waist instead of level with the chest under the arm and mounting the gun into my shoulder a bit low causing my neck and head to scrunch a little.
Friday and today I corrected that and posted two very good scores. Jeffery built a nice gun and I am glad to be it's caretaker. I must be careful as I tire at the end of the course due to the last 4.5 years of oral chemo. It's taking a toll my body and the lack of energy is something I must deal with. Still, I can not think of anything I'd rather be doing on a nice summer day.