Same here. If a dealer doesn't want to honor a valid license issued by the same agency who issued his license, I politely thank them and let them know that I won't be doing business with them.

Imho, 97% of the time it is a mix of ignorance and apathy. Others have had a bad exp with a, for example, non paying c&r bidder in the case of auctions.

I've only once had a problem with this. Found a nice Persian carbine on GB. Emailed seller ( pawnbroker) , to see if he took c&r. Yes. Bid, won it. Emailed for a few days to arrange pay and send in c&r. By 4th day i Called in to pay. Guy I talk to won't take c&r. Seems its a partnership. One guy does the online stuff, the other guy does the OTC stuff. OTC guy won't take c&r, online guy had to take time off for an emergency. OTC guy wants money by 7th day or reports as non pay bidder. It got a little hairy. My usual local xfer dealer for non c&r stuff was on vaca. I scrambled for 2 more days ( weekend at that ) to find an xfer dealer. Day 7 , Monday came and finally original guy calls me back, I pay, send my c&r, all good. He's just not I office for a few more days, so it wont ship. ( no biggie ). He is backlogged from the emergency off. In the end the otc guy has to help out to keep the biz rolling. I do get my gun but got stiffed on feedback. Felt almost like editing my fb, but just walked away and left it alone.