This is my first post here, and I came on to add another E.M. Reilly serial-numbered firearm. I recently was given custody of about 300 firearms, almost all are WWI era or 19th century. A family had their uncle die, and he had all of these firearms in his house, or in a museum in South Carolina. The family wanted to know if I could research the firearms, and then sell them for the family.

So, this has kept me busy for awhile. The Reilly firearm I have is what appears to be an officer model Pattern 1858 Enfield. The serial number engraved on the trigger guard is 12088. The engraving on the barrel is all but rubbed out, so I cannot make out the address. Using a set of calipers, the muzzle of the barrel is .45 caliber.

I cannot tell if the rifle has been "sporterized" with the forestock being removed from the rifle, or if it was made that way. The ramrod is just a metal rod, so it does not appear to be the original ramrod.

I am trying to figure out the price of this rifle so I can sell it online for the family. I do not make a dime on any of these rifles I sell for them, and my payment was just to let me choose one of the 300. I chose a very nice Remington Rolling Block in .43 Spanish caliber.

Unfortunately, I can't post any photos. I tried to find the "gallery" section of this site, but that is a no-go for me. I read directions that say to link to a url of a site with the photos, but I don't have a web page, just Facebook page. So until I figure out how to upload the photos, this message will have to be without pictures

Patrick O'Kelley
goober.com@juno.com
Author of the "Nothing but Blood and Slaughter" series,
Francis Marion's Orderly Book,
and Triple Canopy, Sniper in Grenada
Available at http://tinyurl.com/bluehousetavern