True...of course. The problem being that there are no Reilly records. Everything on the Reilly line I've compiled from extant Reilly's and often auction houses don't bother to photograph the important bits of a gun. There are only about 310 plus serial numbered extant Reilly's I've found out of over 33,000+ he numbered plus about 40 guns that Reilly probably built but whose serial numbers were not mentioned in the advertisements. There is little chance that 27554 or 27853 (if that gun is not the above gun) can be found. The list and description of the extant Reilly's is here:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=436538&page=33

And by the way, I have pictures of them all.

But, you never know...maybe something will turn up. The best hope of confirmation, I would think, would be Terry Buffum's former 27854 and the possibility of an engraved escutcheon. That gun exists and is in the USA.

And Reilly was always a businessman...if someone wanted a "matched pair" 12, 16.....or a threesome...he'd do it. So I'm not sure if there is a real definition of "matched pair" especially since all we have to go on is a "1" and a "2." (I am hoping this is a "matched 4"....with a 28 bore and and 20 gauge to go along with the other two).

Last edited by Argo44; 10/22/19 11:01 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch