Y'all got me to thinking about my vises, big and small. My big vise in my farm shop is a COLUMBIAN #504 1/2. They are sold by Wilton now, and sell new for about $800. Don't know if Wilton made them when mine was made, it's very old, and "WILTON" is not on the vise anywhere.

https://www.trick-tools.com/504-12M3-Columbian-Machinist-Bench-Vise-10104_7458

Took a pic of it on the "bench", but can't post pics anymore on here due to photo bucket finally catching up with my free usage. I pulled up an ad for a new COLUMBIAN and it looks exactly like my old one. I couldn't farm without it, or my old anvil. Have another cheaper vise, about a 4 1/2", with a swivel base, mounted on my fuel trailer that we pull to the field. If I need to hold something to repair it in the field, it gets used. Not a fine, expensive vise because it often gets rained on. But, very handy for field repairs.

I have an old post vise in my gun shop, along with a woodworker's vise mounted to the front of my heavy bench, two vises for my drill press, a little vise that clamps to a counter edge, and a couple other smaller ones like hand vises and pin vises.

I'm pretty well covered in my needs for vises.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.