I wasnt speaking of Jim, who has good taste in tools, and vises, good taste that you lack.

You are your own special brand of stupid. Remember when you posted a comment from your imaginary playground friend, John Kox saying he supported homeless joe? Or, when you claimed gun internals were all casting of some sort? And, as Steve reminded us all (Steve recommended a Wilton round bar, Steve also has far better taste in tools then you) of how confused and unknowledgeable you are on color case hardening? How bout when you were trying to chisel a few bucks off the gun in the for sale section, earning you the name Uncle Cheap Prick?
Those were all excellent examples of your special brand of lunacy.
Now, you have done it again, recommending a $79 tinkers vise, with far eastern junk inside of it, and mounted to an old door, over a round bar Wilton in a bulletproof steel mount. Go back and read that sentence again.
That might be the dumbest thing Ive ever seen here, and you have spouted plenty of dumb. You got guns that belong in a $79 vise, I get that, but, most people here are looking for good advice when they ask a question.
I expect you did make a haul at Lowes. Best thing I can say is you likely have drawers full of tools you dont have to worry about anyone bothering to steal.
Good luck with em. And your scrimshaw, and your $79 vise style gun cleaning.

Best,
Ted