Ted,
Indeed, that is the best I've seen since the one that was sold by a forum member a few months ago on GB. It would have been the perfect gun for today which was a bit more than 9km of marching in medium-tall grass for no shots fired. Nice walk, except for yet another skunk incident.

I can live with those chokes easily for now, and might only open the right side if I did do anything. I definitely would shoot it a bit and pattern it before I did anything. Edited to say that it appears that the choke designation has been restamped over something that I can't quite make out. Doesn't really look like it is a 70 on top of a 65, but it is definitely restamped

The metal looks like it has something on it. Dried oil perhaps. Hard to say. But not an issue. Looks like it will clean. Very nice wood-metal fit which often seems to be an issue with these for some reason. The buttstock appears to straddle a graft line perhaps. But it is attractive enough for me.

What are those sunken ribs like for shooting? The drop at the heel is not great, but I think it is doable. Maybe the sunken rib accommodates for some of that height.

Why would the buttplate be shrunken like that? Sure is odd. I would definitely do something to replace it, depending on the LOP. I will not be too worried about t-shirting for clays in the summer. Though I'll probably do it once or twice. Heavy jackets and vests will be the rule, when it goes into action.

Your comment about the reversible trigger is interesting. Does it take replacement parts or can the mechanism just be reversed somehow? And how does the safety work? Sliding horizontally or does it pivot downward? I might like it as it is. I sometimes bump my tang safety on my Greener FP40. That is not a good thing at all, so I am constantly double checking my safety's position.

I agree that it could not resell for that sort of money. While it is in my comfort zone dollar wise, it lacks the engraving and wood figure that I would expect at that price point. I will think about what I would give for it, and then probably make an offer. That is definitely in the ballpark of what I've been looking for.

Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missed seeing this before.
Brent

Last edited by BrentD; 11/16/19 10:26 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]