Originally Posted By: 2-piper
If this link works here is one like Ted was speaking of (Rode Hard & Put Up Wet). When I bought mine back in 68, just before the ban on mail order, I chose it because it had double triggers, I liked the shape of the frame rear better than those "Tight" scallops & I had more confidence in the metallurgy of a cheap Italian gun than a cheap Spanish one.

I feel like I made the better choice, at least it suited me better. I would have preferred a straight grip & splinter forend, but in that price range, one couldn't be too choosy. As I recall in 1968I paid $129.95 for it. Ordered it through a Herter's sale catalog. List price was I believe $179.95.

I've had a couple of the Victor Sarasqueta guns imported by Stoeger. One of them was a Woodlander 20ga. They were obviously made to a price point, but they do not seem to have suffered from the soft steel issue that plagued other cheap Spanish imports. And it's good to avoid cheap Spanish doubles with single triggers. Although the Spanish put ST's on a lot of their guns they sent to the States back then, the Woodlander wasn't one of those. Pretty solid little gun. I also would have preferred a splinter and straight grip. As I recall, I bought mine off Gun List in the good old days. The 1961 Stoeger catalog listed it at $108. For $42 more, the same catalog offered a Bernardelli S. Uberto 1, and for $70 more, a West German-made Sauer 60. Of course if you wanted to buy American, a Stevens 311 was only $70.