Show us a patent for a Reilly action. You cant. Reilly didnt have or produce a distinctive house action. You cant even show us were Reilly purchased the rights to produce an action or paid royalties for making an action in house.
To assume that the box of old parts is a Reilly action is laughable.

The side lever Reilly built on the Scott & Baker action...you seriously think Reilly made that? No. They didnt. Nobody made that except W & C Scott. Thats a fact.

If I were you...Id walk back on talking about proving Boothroyd or Brown wrong. They actually knew people in the trade....old people...the kind of people that wouldve known everything there is to know about the trade. You dont have that luxury.

And Gene....dont get too pissy with me. Im NOT the only doubter of your Reilly line here on this forum. Youve done a nice job with serial numbers, etc. but as far you proving that Reilly made or produced modern breech loading, centerfire rifles and shotguns in the golden age of gunmaking you have utterly failed. You have not produced one shred of certifiable, empirical evidence that proves they did in all the mountainous minutiae that youve posted on this seemingly never ending thread.

Where does it say in any rule book that I have to be positive when posting a comment? Its your job, seeing how youve taken up the task, to prove that Reilly made guns in the golden era of gunmaking. Stop posting crap about the 1860s.....most of us here are interested in the late 1870s to the early 1900s. Thats where youre having issues providing the proof. Theres a reason for that.

And understand this sir....as long as Im a member of this forum, Ill comment as I see fit on any subject or topic I wish to do so on. Yes, even on your precious Reilly line as you call it. Positive or negative.

Comparing me to a Cold War communist embassy with their heads in the sand? Japanese soldiers that continued to fight after the war was over.....all because youre upset that I dont buy into your obsession and fantasy of the Reilly company??
WTF was that? You think, you seriously think that youve provided absolute definitive proof of Reillys gunmaking prowess in the golden age??? And you think Im the naive one, that my head is in the sand? Goodness gracious Gene, youre really grasping for straws arent you?

Prove Reilly produced guns in the golden age, its on you. You havent come close yet. We are ALL still waiting.

Dustin