Originally Posted By: Gregdownunder

.....B endorsement.
Pistols of various descriptions for different shooting disciplines.
You must be a member of a registered pistol club, and maintain 12 visits a year.
You can only take said pistols from your home to the range and they must only be fired at the range.
Limited to I think 12 pistols, but exemptions can be granted.
Police arms officer will visit annually, and all B endorsed pistols are registered and checked then.
Security is much greater, police approved safes or strong rooms only.

C endorsement
Collectors, the same as B , but you do not need to be a member of a pistol club, however you cannot fire said pistols.
No limit on numbers.

P endorsed licence:
Everything that has now been banned above.
Must be disabled by removing a vital part (firing pin) and stored off premise.
You may be granted a P for some commercial pest control, otherwise if you own them under a P you cannot fire them, much like a C.
This category is new, and there is still much interpretation going on.
Security at the moment same as B and C.

As it stands registration is limited to B, C, and P, however the next tranche wants to register all firearms via an online system which you update yourself......

Thank you Gregdownunder. The conflict about gun laws and gun registration in New Zealand arose right after the shooting at Christchurch. I mentioned that gun registration in New Zealand obviously did nothing to prevent that massacre. Stevie SKB, the guy who uses this forum for free advertising of his businesses, jumped in to say I was wrong, and that there is/was (at that point in time) NO GUN REGISTRATION IN NEW ZEALAND.

I corrected him and reminded him that all pistols are registered, and I told him that all Military Style Semi Automatic (MSSA) firearms required a special permit, i.e., another word for registration.

To support his erroneous and false position, Stevie posted a link to a N.Y. Post article that used data from the anti-gunner Philip Alpers and his anti-gun organization GunPolicy.org

Unfortunately, this may ignite another shit-storm. Stevie will call me a liar. And then I will posts direct unedited quotes and links to old threads that prove I am not lying. Stevie's Liberal pals will then try to pile on me for bringing politics to the forum, but they will never complain when he does it. In other words... Just business as usual.

Thanks again. I wish you guys all luck in retaining whatever right or privilege to own and shoot firearms that you possibly can. Unfortunately, we have a lot of liberals here who are blind to the slippery slope of permitting anti-gunners to incrementally take away our rights and freedoms. These guys think that if we give the anti-gunners things like semi-autos, pistols, large cap magazines, etc., that they will stop there, and never threaten other firearm ownership rights. So they are dumb enough to actually support and vote for extreme anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats who infringe upon our Constitutional 2nd Amendment Rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.