Originally Posted By: B. Graham
Originally Posted By: Ghostrider
Bill the best fit in my opinion will be to buy a small piece of flat stock ( Sterling or nickel silver)from a jeweler and hand fashion an exact fit or slightly larger and then inlay the new oval.
I have had a local jeweler that specializes in custom sterling jewelry make many of these for me.

Good plan. I don't have a relationship with a jeweler at this time, but will explore forging one. Thanks.

Good advice you got there. I took my Greener into a local custom jewelry store and they got all excited about the gun and the engraving and silver wire inlay. They eventually just gifted me a piece of sterling much larger than I needed for the inlays that I had to replace. Apparently, earrings and finger rings and bracelets only go so far. Definitely try the jeweler.
...never pay Dave "one more dime"