Well John, since I wasn't around when they were threading those stories together, I can't say I have firsthand knowledge to give you any proof. That being said, I would point out that my position is strongly supported by how one has to suspend disbelief to have any confidence that any of the occurrences in the bible actually happened. Just like in a f a i r y tale.

For instance I figure I have exact same odds of seeing a guy who was not only crucified, but stuck with a spear for good measure coming back to life, as I do a wooden marionette coming to life. Those odds are a big zero.

The same exact odds that I have of either coming across a burning bush, communicating how I should behave or a wolf with an amazing ability to communicate in human language with me. Again, those odds are zero.

Which, incidentally are the same exact odds of me meeting a fellow who can instantly turn water into wine or a gnome-like fellow spinning gold from hay.

In these examples, if the first premise is possible, then so is the other. But alas, they all are not.

Last edited by nca225; 01/20/20 08:53 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum