Originally Posted By: BrentD
....craigd, you have not seen an MVA 1885 Winchester. They are near perfect. Nearer to perfect than original 1885s.

Yes, I have. I've had the suspicion they use the same basic casting made by the Shiloh foundry and also used by CSharps. In any event, I think MVA does the nicer machining and finish.

As far as I knew, MVA just sells the action? My comment about the CPA was that they built the entire rifle and have sustained production over an extended period of time. MVA had one of those actions at the Quigley shoot at an attractive price that had a minor appearing machining blemish on the upper tang. Very smooth, nicely made action that I was tempted to buy.

I agree it's how the rifle was put together and less so design related accuracy shortcomings. I don't have a CPA, but I suppose maybe some day, it's a nice option to be able to approach a company and configure a more than capable single shot. On a side unrelated note, I've never warmed up to Martini actions because I have the preference to clean from the breech end and it's easier to look down the bore, just in case.