Originally Posted By: craigd
I don't think the MT rifle/action makers are mixing their businesses in any way other than the two folks that sell 1885 actions are buying their raw castings from somewhere. It's been a bit, but I thought there was mention on the Boulder River forum about at least one customer maker sourcing raw castings from them?

I've wondered if Shiloh has gotten any nibbles from potential buyers. I'd guess if the right person was inclined to take the ball and run with it, splitting off the foundry might be a good bet.

Craig,
Neither C.Sharps nor MVA are buying castings from anybody for their highwall receivers. C.Sharps does have a well known casting firm produce their 1875 receiver. Their 74's,77's,85's,and Heburns are all machined from billet. http://csharpsarms.com/pages/14/Manufacturing-Process.html I've been through the Shiloh factory and their subsidiary, Boulder River Foundry where all their castings are made. Boulder River does make kit form castings of highwall receivers available as mail order. I've examined MVA and C. Sharps actions at the Quigley every year they've been there and talked to them about how every thing is made. C. Sharps does use some castings like levers. The link I attached is a little dated as John is no longer active with C. Sharps because of a recent health issue.