Well its been a while since I commented or read this post, retired this year at 73, 40 years in the business and all but first 3 with same firm. Received many cards and calls from clients thanking me for my help over the years, was told by many that I made a positive difference in their lives.Didn't receive any negative comments or law suits so I think I did right by my 4 generations of clients. I have always used commissions OR fee's whichever was best for the client. EVERYONE WORKS FOR A FEE OR A COMMISSION, clerks, lawyers, bankers, clerks, teachers, mechanics, gun shop owners, the person behind the desk at the gun show. Based on the assets we manage and the advice we give with NO COMMISSION, our FEE on total assets under management is considerably less than 1%.
I have been very fortunate to have been in this profession and apparently my clients who have become friends apparently feel the same. If not I don't think they would have referred family and friends to me. now for my political statement, if you elect any of the Democrats running you should sell your investments and particularly your guns, because the Democrats will pass laws making it illegal for you to own them. Best wishes for a long life, I intend to shoot more clays, maintain my health and do more with my grandchildren, started the 8 year old in a fly tying class last week, he loved it and so did I. Unfortunately
shooting and especially hunting is dying, (don't see many young people shooting these days).