We are not amused!

Some Supermarket chains insist on only buying game shot with non-lead alternatives. I understand it is to bring that into line so that game can also be exported to the continent. To some degree I can live with that. Most guns on commercial shoots seem to use either Brownings or Berettas which can be used with steel. If they bring it in it should allow for lead to be used if for personal consumption and not going into the food chain. That also I can live with. A compete ban would mean that I could no longer shoot most of the guns in my collection without buying expensive Bismuth. If forced to use Bismuth then there is going to be a shortage and the price will go up and up.

I live in Derbyshire and about 25% of the county is on lead rich land with large underground deposits that have been mined since before the Romans came. They then mined it extensively. Does that mean we should evacuate 25% of the county because lead is dangerous?

If someone came out with an alternative that was both as effective, could be used in all types of guns and as cheap I would happily use that. So far no one has developed that. Lagopus…..