Originally Posted By: Konor3inch

Shooters are well aware of how antis operate here in the UK having come through a raft of legislation banning an array of firearms and having to comply with ever more licensing ,there is no need to state the obvious .
This voluntary ban is just voluntary over a five year period there will be no need to switch from lead during that period . After the five years there will be a compulsory ban or more simply a ban.

Respectfully, I disagree completely. There actually is a need to state the obvious, because the compulsory ban on lead shot is coming. The fact that dealers and manufacturers get a short time to clear their stocks of lead ammo, and change over production to ballistcally inferior and much more costly non-lead alternatives means nothing. Shooters and gun owners in the UK have been royally screwed again.

They call this sort of attrition a death by a thousand cuts.

The anti-gun forces always say that they just want this one more reasonable little concession, but they soon come back to take away more gun rights. Don't take this observation personally. We have a lot of guys right here in the U.S. who still think they can appease the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats by giving up someone else's rights to own an AR15, an autoloader, a handgun, a large cap magazine, lead ammunition, scoped high power rifles, etc. These guys keep on voting for the anti-gun politicians who keep coming back to take away more freedom from law abiding citizens.They have to be mentally ill, and they undermine all gun owners.

Repeatedly pointing those facts out has made me a hated enemy to several of them here. I can live with that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.