Update on Lefever G project
After a search for a hammer pin, getting one from GPC that was too short (as I have learned from Elliot & Cobb Lefever 12b were made in three frame sizes) dblgnfix made a precise dimension new one for me. Thanks Lou for the excellent work. If you need a hard to find old/new part give him a call (see the attached photo). Great guy to work with and talk to about all things double guns.

After a bit of final fit and polish it is now installed and tested. (see photo) Cocking hook and hammer cock and hammer fall now work as new.
[broken pin on bottom, new pin on top]

Wood is close to finished after much repair, multiple coats of Velvit Oil (selected this oil/varnish based on its soya base oil), multiple wet sanding, and final finish rub-out and wax. Thanks for the information on Flexner's book and the many suggestions and helpful advice on this forum. I must have Flexner memorized by now. I was doing most of this wood finishing correctly following my early training using James V. Howe and Roy Dunlap. However switching from BLO to a more modern oil is an substantial improvement. Getting close to field ready. Quail arrive in April.