Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
A good point L Brown but I fear the dye is cast and perception emotion and politics are taking precedence over presentation of a scientific argument for change

That's a real shame. I had no idea that it was so bad. But then again, I don't recall a lot of resistance in the past when the anti-gunners started chipping away at gun ownership in the UK.

I think there is a lesson to be learned here. Recently, anti-gun Democrats were elected to govern our State of Virginia. Predictably, it wasn't very long before the Democrat Governor and Democrat Legislature began pushing anti-gun legislation. The gun owners and shooters of Virginia could have given up and said that the die is cast. Instead, they pushed back in a big way. At least 85 of 95 Virginia Counties have passed a measure declaring themselves 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries-- i.e., places where the new anti-gun laws will not be enforced or adhered to. Sheriffs and Police Officials have served notice that they will not enforce these Unconstitutional laws. One County Sheriff announced that he will deputize citizens if Democrats pass and attempt to enforce these measures:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6114900990001#sp=show-clips

Unfortunately, we do have gun owners here who also would simply permit the anti-gunners to continue to chip away at our Constitutional Rights. Many of them are even foolish enough to support and vote for anti-gun Democrats.

Here is what one of the Framers of our Constitution, George Mason said almost 250 years ago. His words are as relevant today as they were back then:

“[W]hen the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man – who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia.”
George Mason

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.