Originally Posted By: Konor3inch

I dont consider myself anti gun ,and I didnt vote to ban hand guns though I am indifferent to their loss I gave mine up willingly because I had no need of them for protection and I had no fear that a tyrannical government was waiting on the sidelines to control the country.
I will post separately to address points raised in responding posts.

And therein lies the problem...

The tactic of divide and conquer works quite well when some gun owners are so ready and willing to give up someone else's guns. And virtually none of those FUDD gun owners here in the U.S. who are willing to give up Ted's handguns, or my semi-autos, or craigd's lead ammunition ever consider themselves to be anti-gun.

I do remember the two mass shootings that you referenced, and I absolutely recall the anti-gun politicians and anti-gun media using those tragedies to push for the resulting gun bans. It happens every time there is a mass shooting anywhere in the world, so it is disingenuous and misleading to defend the anti-gunners, and to make the false claim that they did not demand these bans.

Konor3inch, you say you gave up your handguns willingly, and I believe you for some reason. But if you hadn't been so willing, and you really enjoyed shooting and owning handguns, you would still have been compelled to give them up by the government that you say you do not fear. And when some mentally ill nutcase takes a shotgun or target rifle into a school or public place, and kills a number of people, the precedent is there for the same government that you do not fear to take those firearms from you as well.

You say you don't fear them or consider them to be tyrannical... but if you do not comply, you will be arrested and imprisoned, and they will confiscate and destroy your personal property anyway... whether you like it or not. It matters not that you have been a law abiding and well behaved citizen who served his country. You would be treated as a common criminal. That sounds quite tyrannical to me.

As you said earlier, the die has been cast. I am not antagonized. But I am sorry that you seem unable to comprehend what has been lost to you and your son, and very sorry that you see such a sad situation and actually consider it to be freedom and security.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.