Konor3inch, I had not heard about the 2010 shooting by Derrick Bird. Do you honestly believe that if there are more such incidents, that there will be no new push to ban those firearms as well?

Do you seriously think that registering air guns will bring back the child that was murdered, or do anything to keep people from using an air gun to shoot a dog or cat? If you weren't involved in those crimes, why must you pay to register your air gun?

I note that you mentioned that much of the remaining violence in your country is fueled by drugs and alcohol. So tell us, if victims of this violence express fear and distress, should the people of Scotland be forced to give up Scotch Whiskey, wine, and beer? Lots of Walter Mitty types like to drink alcohol.

And I also note that you chose to not respond to my query about what would have happened if you really really liked and enjoyed owning and shooting your handguns, and simply refused to give them up. Do you think that the government which you don't fear or see as tyrannical would be OK with that? Or do you think they would arrest you using whatever means of force was necessary to make you comply, and thus turn a law abiding citizen who served his country into a common criminal? How much prison time do you think your non-tyrannical government would impose upon you?

The non-tyrannical government in Australia gave graphic notice of what they would do. I think the subtle message implied here is that giving up your guns may be better than being raped in a prison shower:

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.