CraigD
Thats a fair point but public transport is just not practical for all transport needs. I cant catch a bus to my local loch nor be publicly transported at four in the morning to where I flight geese or stalk deer. But I get the implications of your post.
The arguing over firearms ownership between myself and Keith has taken on a life of its own and resulted in a polarisation of opinions expressed.
I have enjoyed shooting my K22 six inch barrel target trigger and hammer but restricted to paper punching it had limited appeal after a couple of years . I did take it out after rabbits on a couple of occasions which was risking my firearms certificate but the worry in getting caught ruined the enjoyment. I have enjoyed using my cousins .45 Wilson Combat Commander his Smith and Wesson 9mms .38 Taurus snub and a Ruger security six 357 and other odds and ends. America is where it is if I lived there I would own a handgun and enjoy it. I visited a range once when it had been taken over by cowboy action shooters that was terrific fun and I cant think off hand of a way to enjoy target shooting more.
However freedom to enjoy all this comes at a price and it is my opinion that having the restrictions we have on firearms ownership in this country contributes to there being as few deaths as there are each year. I would not like to see uncontrolled access to firearms here .

I am aware of the limitations living in Scotland has on the extent and variety of hunting experiences and envy those who have access to truly wild country to enjoy with access for everyone not just the fortunate or wealthy. So yes I think hunting with a hand gun is something I would enjoy and envy those that are able to harvest deer for the table that way. I get the big world out there perspective and appreciate that the world doesnt stop at the Scottish border ,my son coached soccer for two summers in Texas and Louisiana and had a ball plenty of shooting that he enjoyed AKs AR 15s uzi pistols people were so keen to have him enjoy himself and he sent pictures over so I could share in it. Life is rarely black and white and sometimes we have to respect that as you say its a big world out there and people have different views but they should be able to share those views without feeling the need to convince the listener/ reader to change theirs.
It wouldnt be much fun if we were all the same would it

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/04/20 09:14 PM. Reason: Adding sentence