remember back in the fifties, in the summertime, used to go up to visit my moms relatives, some of whom were small farmers living in south east alabama...most everybody in the family, young and old, would go out early before it got too hot an work in the fields, with hoe and rake...came in about noon an had dinner...most of what we ate was grown right there on the farm. it was all wonderful food...then in the mid afternoon, we would go back out in the fields and hoe and rake some more, until evening...when it was time to feed the animals...my favorite part...

loved to go out in the scrub with my cousin, each of us carrying a burlap sack of dried, unshelled corn...we would dump out the sacks an sit down at the base of a big pine tree.. each of us would start a plug of chewing tobacco...an then we would call up the hogs...sooy, sooy, sooy...soooo wee!...an they would come a runnin...

now lemme tell ya, hit takes ah strong stomach, to sit der in da summer evenin heat, an chewin tobacco, while them hogs were awl around, stirin up dust, an eatin dat corn...an crappin, an fartin...awl at duh same time...but den, does were sum o de best days o my life!

right up der wid learnin how to cat fish in da altamaha ribber, above jesup, georgia, in the summer o 1953...anybody wanna hear bout dat?

Last edited by ed good; 03/26/20 12:28 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...