Here are some ramblings I have composed:

The Wilckes were gunsmiths(Bchsenmachermeister) in Stuttgart for several generations and J. Chr. was probably Gottlob's father. J. Chr. Wilcke in German references is noted as having Gottlieb Daimler as an apprentice. I believe Daimler abandoned the gunmaking craft after he attained his gunmaking master's sheepskin. I did find Ole Gottlob Wilcke in an 1875, as well as 1876) Stuttgart listing at Augustenstrae 27 and I have seen his name associated with >>S auch Schwertfeger<< but not sure if that is a last name or a craft / trade name? In the early 1880s & possibly prior he was active at Gymnasiumstrae 6. It may be during this period that he attained the rank of Hof??? Looks like his wife Maria took the reins @ some point and by say 1926 a Georg Braun was successor. With Wolfgang's lovely addition above, it may be that Braun became a partner in 1915?

From an 1835 listing there was a Wilcke that was a Bchsenmacher & another who was a Stellmacher in Stadt Aschersleben, which is quite a distance away.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse