First it is a 10 bore which depresses its value by 2/3-rds. This may offend the ten bore fans but they are rarer than the 16 bore fans and we know that the 16 is a dead bore so that makes the 10 a really dead bore. Same gun in 12 bore is worth more. Second when the seller mentions dirty bores, I know that is a code word for pitted barrels. Third if a seller can not afford a decent camera and can not take decent pictures he does not need to expect any substantial money for his wares.

If the seller wanted more than a few hundred dollars he would have had one of the following. A reserve more than $500.00. A set of photographs which would have been in focus. Description which did not contain code words for a basket case. No mention that this is a wall hanger.

I think that the final price paid is a fair price unless the gun is a real basket case. In this case the buyer is taking a real chance because the listing is so poorly done. I have taken several fliers at gun with this level of poor description and lousy photographs. So far I am seven for seven in better than expected guns. But some day I am going to get a real nasty surprise. Hope I remember the good days and just get past the surprise.