Thanks for the complements, guys. As the four close-up show the action and barrel are inletted to half-depth as they should be. The rifle weighs 7lbs. 12 oz making it relatively light. With it's long length the balance point is just forward of the action so it carries nicely.

The owner took delivery shortly after hunting season last year but assures me that his plan is to hunt the rifle. The Rigby type bolt-stop peep sight has two elevation stops for different distances and a gold line for reference. Kurt lives on the Stillwater River here in Montana and has mule deer roaming around his place.

I wish I had clover-leafed the tang but was not aware of that trick when I began the project.

The design is my own with influence from 1920s-30s American Sporters. I had a Shelhamer custom Krag as an example but took this project much further particularly with the three action screws and solid left stock wall. I know of no other Krag with similar treatment. Three guard screws was my idea bu LaPour gets the credit for the extensive welding required to make it happen. The action was heat treated after all welding and stippling.

Trigger guard blank being shaped and contoured with hand-files.