Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

You took it completely out of context, as Miller pointed out later in the same post, he was making the point that you cannot judge the past by the present. You clearly read that and chose to leave that part out.

You also damn with faint praise. I find it interesting that faint praise would not be true enough to be chiseled into your own headstone.

If you cant say something nice....

Best,
Ted

How so? He used his belief that the bible does not prohibit slavery to justify his argument. How is that out of context? Are you contending that Miller was only a sunshine friend to his beliefs and readily dumped them when convenient? That wasn't Miller.

You fellows seem upset about something that is beyond my control. Its not up to me how you interpret what Miller believed in or didn't. It smacks of hypocrisy that your upset at me about a belief of his that is well documented. He stood by it in life, why don't you let him in passing? And frankly, if you are only mourning your idealized version of the man, you really aren't mourning the man at all.

I suggest you look more inward on this and figure out what is making you upset or just accept Miller on the whole because if your total measure of a person stops at their knowledge of firearms and their willingness to share it, you've made a gross miscalculation along the way.

I stand by my statement, he was indeed well liked by the membership.

Last edited by nca225; 05/28/20 10:11 AM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum