Just to be sure I'm not misunderstood about Renaissance Wax, I like and use it. But, don't recommend it for protection against extreme hunting use. I use it to put a nice temporary coating on my guns when I'm taking them out for an afternoon of clays, show and tell, etc. I like the luster it gives (which is definitely prettier than Johnson's) and I like the temporary protection from fingerprints on the metal. We tend to get hot and sweaty quite regularly down heah'. It isn't recommended for protection from hard hunting use, rain, etc., and I see no reason to fault it because it doesn't do something it doesn't claim to do. And, at $17.95 a can I am a bit puzzled at why it is considered high priced. My can will likely last me another twenty years. You use it very sparingly, unlike Johnson's, which I put on fairly heavy for protection from the wet.

I've never had the sticky, gumminess with Johnson's that Replacement did. Also glad to hear that SamW has had good success with it at Kodiak, AL. From what I've read and seen on TV that can be some pretty extreme conditions.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.