The comment below was in regard to a two barrel set ( 20 ga / 28 ga) 1919 manufactured J.P.Sauer & Sohn Meisterwerk model 60 ( final step up from a grade 45- like a grade 375 Daly)
Does the high grade engineering of a pre war Sauer sidelock ( not a high grade) make it one of the best SxS double guns ever produced ?... but this gun, being a lowly boxlock, relegates it to a never to be achieved quality level?

Reference statement begins here:

No offense taken, this particular gun is very nice, however it is a simple box lock gun, not a Best Side Lock gun. Although this gun is very very nice in reality it is not a best Side Lock German gun, no matter when it was made who who made it, the great engineering on this gun happens to be the Krupp barrels, both 20 and 28 gauge as indicated by Raimey. As I said before I would still love to own it. I own a couple Box Lock Combo Guns, and use them quite a bit, especially with the 28 barrels. There is nothing unusual about a J.P. Sauer Best Side Lock double gun, it's just very high grade engineering including the incredible Krupp Barrels, simply one of the Best made SXS Double guns ever produced. There has never been and never will be, a box lock best double gun, no matter who made it or when, the engineering is just not there to make it a best gun. Even the Westley Richards box lock or the LeFever box lock fine double guns, as much as I love them both, are not best guns, and neither is the nice combo gun we are talking about.
Pine Creek Dave

Best regards,
JBP