I've seen numerous tests designed to determine the corrosion resistance of various gun oils. But I have never seen a side-by-side test of various waxes that would show us which provided the best shine, durability, and overall protection to wood finishes or metal under all conditions. Now that would be interesting.

I've never bought or used Ren wax, based upon many threads and reviews here that say it is best for museum pieces, but not as well suited as other waxes for severe weather protection. I've had good success with good old Johnson's Paste Wax, but as Greg notes, it may leave a bit of haze with heavier applications, if it is not completely buffed off. Another wax I occasionally use is Collinite Insulator Wax

https://nationalsupplydirect.com/collini...AiABEgL4_vD_BwE

This stuff must be good for all weather conditions because it is used by utility companies to protect high voltage insulators from surface contaminants that may cause arcing or explosive failures. Insulators are not cleaned and waxed every month, and they are continually exposed to every type of weather, so power companies found a product that lasts a long time and does a good job. Only thing is, despite what they say, it does take a bit more effort to buff off to a nice shine than Johnsons.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.