I don't see why a boxlock shotgun, or a rifle or revolver for that matter, could not be considered to be a Best Quality gun. But the term seems to have a very loose definition.

To me, a Best Quality gun would be a gun composed of the best available wood and steel, utilizing the epitome of engineering and design, aesthetically and perfectly finished internally and externally by the finest available craftsmen and engravers. Everything about it should be top notch, including heat treating, blue, and stock finish.

The silly question posed above by BrentD, asking if there is such a thing as a "Best" Crescent is totally devoid of rational thought. A Crescent was and is an inexpensive working man's gun that was mass produced to be a cheap and somewhat reliable firearm. Nothing more.

Here's another observation... could the Churchill boxlock pictured above really be considered "Best Quality" with such poor grain layout through the wrist... no matter how nice the figure, checkering, inletting, or finish may be? Best Quality is best in all regards. Nothing more and nothing less. No snobbery involved in these thoughts because I do not own any "Best Quality" guns. But I know the difference between reality and marketing.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.