Another key feature of the Gastinne patent was the cartridge extractor I believe.

Full Size

And for a segue back to pinfire:

Also, brought in from Gastinne and patented in England was Brooman's Improvements in Breech-loading Fire-arms.

Quote:
I, RICHARD ARCHIBALD BROOMAN, of 166, Fleet Street, in the City of London, Patent Agent, do hereby declare the nature of the said Invention for “IMPROVEMENTS IN BREECH-LOADING FIRE-ARMS,” (communicated to me from abroad by Louis Julien Gastinne, of Paris, France,) to be as follows:– This Invention relates to those breech-loading fire-arms in which the Lefaucheux cartridge is used with detonating powder, for ensuring central fire

He also references the Bellford -> Lancaster gun and then used on a gun which used a Horizontal Pinfire cartridge!

Quote:
both rods F and f work in apertures formed in the metal between the two barrels, as in the guns for which Letters Patent were granted to Auguste Edouard Loradoux Bellford, the 29th day of November 1853, No. 2778, and assigned to Charles William Lancaster, of New Bond Street, London, the 22nd day of November 1856. To retain the cartridge extractor in place I form a recess c, d, in the rod F, into which a small pin k (Figure 2) takes. When the barrels are raised the extractor resumes its original position.

Full Size

Clock Guns, Pauly Guns, Pinfire Guns and Pinfire Cartridges