775:
Michael,

I have relatives, and spent much of my youth in and abouts Dowagiac. Finch Lake. Relatives still live there, any idea on the correct spelling of the fitter?

AAAAnnnd yes, right about now it's hitting me....the "A E Leopold" seems crystal clear!!!
(Can't be THE "AL", can it?!)

"A G Neidmer"?

Best,
Mark
Postoak: Dr. Mann authored, "The Bullet's Flight", I may be a little off on the title, but it is a great book on exterior ballistics.

TW:Great photographs! Would like to know more about their origin, the tales & tails.
TW,

I don’t want to hijack the thread so if enough folks have an interest I’ll move this to a new one.

Dr. Mann, Leopold, Niedner and Dr. Baker were four people who had a large influence on the modern high-speed accurate rifle before WWI. Any shooting magazine from these days had something in it about one or more of them. I collected information on a large scale on Mr. Niedner and a lot on the others as well. I am also lucky enough to have acquired a least one rifle that was owned by each of the four, I’m still shooting the Niedner-Borchardt that Dr. Baker is holding in the picture.

MP

Reb 87 MP,
Please start the thread!!!

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014