I truly enjoy the articles detailing a particular gun and its history, etc. Also the articles about ACTUALLY hunting with old doubles.

I find some of the posts here are somewhat critical of DGJ. I think that we are very lucky to have a magazine like this. I am certain it isn't a particularly profitable enterprise. The majority of bird hunters couldn't care less about double guns. As a 36 year old who is new to this passion, I feel blessed to be able to read a publication like it.

A Double Gun Journal, a roaring fire, a happy dog and a drink are just about all you need to be transported from the modern world back into a more simple time. I cant count the amount of evenings I was able to delve into some obscure story about a shotgun made 100 years ago and wipe away the stresses of a hard day of work and exposure to modern events, media and the present pace of life.

I cannot put a price on the internal peace that I feel when I leaf through the pages. Just knowing that there are other men and women out in the world who care enough about the history and magic that these old guns and the pastime that they represent makes me hopeful for the future. Literary opiates I tell you.

I subscribe to many publications. The only one I would be truly saddened to do without is Double Gun Journal.

p.s. this is a cool thread, thank you.