====================================================================
Cyril Adams' comment on the Reilly history

Another of Cyril Adams' Reilly pigeon guns was just advertised on Gunsinternational, the 4th such gun I've seen. I sent the advertiser a note about the dating of the gun and a copy of the Reilly history. I've just received this email from Mr. Adams himself:

On Sunday, July 19, 2020, 3:07:29 PM EDT, Cyril Adams wrote:

Mr. Williams:
Thank you for your exhaustive and well-written history of REILLY. You have produced a much-needed work which will be studied by students of English Guns and Rifles for both knowledge and pleasure.
Good job, Mr. Williams ..........Cyril Adams

This is the ultimate flattery...Cyril Adams is a legendary shot and an acknowledged expert on English SxS's. And from my communication with him he is a gracious, consummate gentleman of the old school.

------------------------------------------
Here are the four Reilly's in my database used by Mr. Adams....some discussed before - I believe the first two were his shooting guns; the latter two were guns he restored:

23574 - No mention of name. 12 bore; Shotgun SxS; Side lever, Pigeon gun, third bite, hammer gun. Cyril Adams gun with steel barrels and Briley chokes...Weight 8 lbs built by Reilly in late Fall 1881 for the 1882 season Hurlingham specs for pigeon guns - weight limited to 8 lbs.

24534 - E.M. Reilly & Co., (address not mentioned). 12 bore SxS Shotgun pigeon gun; top lever, hammer gun. Use by Cyril Adams; steel barrels, Briley chokes, weight 7lbs 8ozs built in Fall 1882 for the 1883 pigeon shooting season to the new Hurlingham rules limiting pigeon guns to 7lbs 8oz.

25519 - E.M. Reilly & Co., 16 New Oxford St & rue Scribe, Paris. 12 bore SxS shotgun. Top lever, BLNE. A&D use #3976 Used by Mr. Cyril Adams. weight 7lbs 6oz, Damascus barrels, concave rib...Just offered for sale on Gunsinternational: https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101480055

33922 - E.M. Reilly & Co., (address not mentioned). 12ga. Shotgun SxS side lock ejector. A Cyril Adams gun.

Last edited by Argo44; 07/31/20 09:43 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch