Originally Posted By: Vall
Originally Posted By: Boltman
Vall, again, that is a beautiful Rigby Ballard. But, it must have been very painful to let go of so many old Marlins. I know you had some very nice (and rare) pieces.

Yes, some of them were extremely hard to let go, but only a few I still regret. I should have kept the gorgeous deluxe, factory engraved 1893, and the 1891, and 1892 deluxe '32's. All three were minty guns, and I regret letting them go. Some others were extremely rare, like my 1894 takedown half carbine (receiver back) and half octagon, half round, rifle (front half). But I do still have my 1881 Deluxe Emil Flues custom, and a handful of others I couldn't part with.
Ballard fever is worse than covid 19! It seems to remove all remnants of common sense, and takes over your gun room, and safes! But I don't regret the Ballard rifles that came because of the fever and sales!

My dad loved trap shooting, we lived pretty poor growing up, but he retired with a lot of disposable income and bought an Emil Flues single barrel trap gun, it passed on to my brother when my dad died. I would love to see pictures of our 1881 Deluxe Emil Flues Custom.