When I was nearly 60 I was totally blinded in my right eye due to a botched surgery. I was heavily right eyed dominant and had shot from my right side since learning to shoot at age 6 or 7. Obviously had to switch over to the left. That took a couple of years and maybe (?) 2000 rounds before I was back to my previous skill level. Clays were easy to adjust to, game birds not so much. Picking a single out of a covey was ( is ) suddenly rather difficult, took much longer to get on a bird, etc. I also found shooting a SxS tougher due to just enough view being obscured by the wider muzzles so I sold them and shoot O/Us exclusively. I also found that recoil seemed to be much, much more noticeable, bruised hell out of middle finger, etc. Had never had either problem before. Depth perception is not an issue at all. The BIG problem was and still is if I don't carry the gun exclusively with my left hand already grasping the grip ready to shoot I will still try and mount the gun to my right shoulder. Old habits die hard.