Originally Posted By: craigd
Only opinions here Sj. I think unique is an outstanding powder, and a really nice option to have for nearly any cast bullet fiddling. I suspect you will want to try your new rifle way out at long range, and may look to other powders.

I would be a little hesitant to assume black powder is just dumped into a case and fired. Folks are using all manners of wadding, duplex loading and compression that might make the powder seem like a semisolid block. Maybe, start with something like the Lyman manual, then branch out as you become familiar?

edit to add Brent, most schuetzen shooters are using relative small bore rifles and exclusively smokeless powders, fast pistol type powders.

Craigd
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. But bp schuetzen is loaded without duplex, and typically involves drop tubing or compression or both and the calibers are generally larger than .32, with 38s being more common along with .40s and .45s (my personal favorite). Bullets are always heavy for bore. Again, air spaces between overpowder was and bullet exist without problem.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]