South Dakota 1995
Ralph Stuart, Michael McIntosh, Silvio Calabi, Robert(Bad Bob)F. Jones, Steven Dodd Hughes.
Michael was one of the best shotgun shooters I've ever known as well as delightful company especially with a glass of Single Malt or Bourbon in hand. This was the inaugural Reader's and Writer's Wingshoot, held at the Paul Nelson Farm in South Dakota. The R&WWS was a concept I dreamt up and coordinated specifically so I could get to meet and hunt with Michael McIntosh and Bob Jones. I got to know Michael quite well and Bob and I became great friends. I hunted with them both at other venues and Bob spent quite a bit of time with me in Montana.
For those that don't know, Bob Jones had been a staff writer an Time Magazine and Sports Illustrated was author of about seven (great)novels (some I read long before knowing him)and numerous non-fiction works. Annie Proulx edited a bio of him titled, A Roaring in the Blood, Remembering Robert F. Jones.
BTW: both fellows were delightful dinner company and each had endless intriguing tales and anecdotes from their sporting lives!

Last edited by SDH-MT; 08/17/20 02:40 PM. Reason: edit