Originally Posted By: Stan
I don't. I use the loads in them that they were designed to be used with. If I want to shoot 3/4 oz. loads I'll get out the 28.

If I shoot one loose, I can have it put back on face. As Ted said, be prepared to repair them. They can and will break. Each one must decide for themselves whether it is worth the cost. For me, it is.

SRH

Hey Stan,
Im struggling a bit with a 12 I like to distraction, a sidelock with 2 3/4 factory chambers and proofed for any 2 3/4 load. It weighs under 6 1/2lbs. The problem is mine, not the gun, I am finding the recoil objectionable shooting off my right shoulder. This with 1 Oz
loads, but, Im shooting 50 or so at a time.
Im going to step it down to 7/8ths Oz loads for a bit. I want to be able to shoot right handed (after 50 years or so off the other shoulder) and want to be at least as good with this gun as any other.
Were I hunting, and had just a few shots a day, that would be one thing. But, practice, more than a few rounds, becomes unpleasant with heavier loads. I did try an A5 for a round, and did enjoy it, without regard to ammunition. Food for thought, should I ever have to put 100 rounds down a dove field, I suppose.

Just a different angle to ponder. Never had to ponder it until now.

Best,
Ted