People get a little too crazy over a trespasser.

No Joe, we don't. If a trespasser gets hurt on your property do you think they will just say I was trespassing so it is my bad and I wont demand money from you? You should win in the end but you will need to pay your attorney. You can counter sue for legal fees but broke people wont pay them.

This small plot of land cost me money. I spent more money tilling the land and getting the property into decent shape for safe hunting. Cleaned up a lot of over grown scrub trees, green briars, cut in two ditches to improve drainage and send water into a small pond hoping to create a nesting area for Wood Ducks. Then I planted the food plots and kept them in good shape for the birds.

Only to have some A-hole, decide he will just shoot it for me, with nine of his closest buddies. If it was a kid, I would not care that much. We all do stupid things growing up, that in hindsight we would not do again. But this man was almost 40 years old, not some teenager. I hope every single one of them has the hunting privileges taken away for a year. I hope they pay a fine for trespassing. Let them tell all their friends that they got caught doing this and none will try it again. I am telling you the only game warden I ever saw more pissed than this one was one who got peppered with shot in the marsh and never found out who did it. Man stood right there and lied to his face.