It is in a way difficult to manage your own land when so many want access to it to hunt. Friends etc. approach you and as Kyjon said there are consequences if it turns ugly. As I said in an earlier page I closed my land years ago to hunters not to be mean only because they gave me no choice. I would let the Dove hunters in with the caution of picking up their empty hull as the cattle will pick them up and swallow them.[completely ignored] Don't hunt the land [field] behind the house found a hunter in my stand behind the house. no four wheelers to tear up the fields. Guess what? A friend comes to me to borrow a tracter because his sons truck is bogged down in the middle of one of the fields. [How do you handle this 5 o'clock in the morning guess what he was doing???] I was given no choice but to close it to all and not get into a pissing contest with my neighbors and hard feelings. Oh I'm not a mean land owner I did give permission to a neighbors son this past season and the first evening of his hunt i heard an awful racket of gun fire he had an AK47 with a 30 round clip. we don't speak any more. Kyjon really explained it perfectly.