I'm posting this on behalf of my good friend Chris Dawe, member here CJ Dawe, gunsmith extraordinaire!

I think posting pictures is more than he can handle.

Chris lives in Newfoundland.....you'll have to ask him why. On the plus side, on the 4 days a year when it's not a driving wind storm, there is ptarmigan hunting to be had. These pics are of Chris's hunt earlier today with his son and dog. His boy got his first ptarmigan over a point today so they were both a little charged up over that. The area they are hunting is known as The Barrens. Sounds like something from a English gothic horror novel.

Hopefully Chris will come on and add a little first hand commentary, including what those guns are.

Edit to add: Breaking news....Chris was using a great Husqvarna model 201 sidelock in 12 gauge and his son was shooting a LC Smith Featherweight 20 gauge that Chris upgraded and gave to his son on his 13th birthday. I've seen pics of the gun....makes me want an LC Smith! (Can't believe i just said that! LOL)

Last edited by canvasback; 09/19/20 06:58 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia