Originally Posted By: Mike Rowe
I stopped trying to reinvent the wheel quite some time ago.

Mike, can you direct me to a bullet mold or bullet manufacturer that makes this bullet? I could not find anything on the market now. Not at Hawk, Buffalo Arms, Barnes, Accurate Molds, etc. What’s intriguing is a .400” 230-grain bullet today is not even an afterthought on the market. At least so far as I can find. I’ll probably have Tom at Accurate Molds make the new mold, unless someone can point me in a faster direction.
Bulletectomy results:
•228.8 grain soft lead bullet @ .400” diameter with copper plug in nose
•106.5 grains of really nice looking black powder, like new, and enough rough corrosion on the case wall to account for the other 3.5 grains. More on the powder later
•Paper patch is deteriorated and lighter than air and crumbling, so it is tough to mic. Best I could assess, each side of double wrap is .003”. Might be a little less or a little more.
•Top wad mics at .085” and appears to be millboard saturated with oil or grease
•Bottom wad looks like cardboard, mics at .030” and is waxed on both sides, presumably to prevent grease from migrating to the powder. Both wads were in the case super tight.
I’ll do another post on the powder, which I compared to Swiss 2F and Olde Eynsford 1.5FG side by side. Fascinating to see.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life