A quick trip up to the Federal WMA at Sherburn, MN:

What a beautiful day! Out with the beautiful girl who married me, our son, and our Setter.
Right after this picture, taken near the St. Francis river, we paused along the trail, and the dog pointed a grouse, that flew up about 8 feet into a sapling, then, rocketed out, stage right. I had my gun in my left hand, to give the right hand a break, as I have been trying to learn to shoot right handed. I snapped the gun up, left handed, closed my good right eye, and promptly lost the bird in the brush. I fired off a salute as I continued my swing, but, it was to no avail.
The guns were my 81 year old non-toxic specific Nitro Special 16 gauge, and Christophers Mossberg youth, with a customized 28 barrel. The Feds require non-toxic shot for everything in this area, and that beautiful little river is closed to waterfowl hunting.
I was shooting #6 loads of Heavy Metal, and Chris shoots bismuth out of his 20 gauge. Mom cheers us on.
We can drive 35 minutes, and have a solid 2-3 hour hunt, wrapping up in time to visit my disabled Mother and Brother.

Best,
Ted