Originally Posted By: KY Jon

I was looking into joining a real interesting upland, quail, club. When I was doing my research I discovered 12 bores of all types were banned. It was funny to me that I could shoot any 20 gauge gun and ammo combination but could not shoot a lighter 12 load at all.

Isn't it remarkable how many people in positions of authority at shotgun facilities have so little knowledge of shotguns?

The same people post such nonsense as 'no high brass shells' or 'no 3" shells' when it's what's in the shells that counts.

It's the same with bans on 8 gauge guns for waterfowling. If there's anyone one group of people qualified to load their guns to a reasonable specification to be on par with say, a 3" 12, that IS legal it would be owners of 8 gauge guns. Show me factory loads.

I remember when the Top Gun target load came out. Some genius accused me of shooting 'high brass' shells at skeet targets.

The world is full of idiots, but you might think that folks involved in shooting would pick up some common knowledge on the way to the point where they are making policy.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble