Originally Posted By: craigd
Interesting and fun finds, I'd go back if it's not intrusive on your buddy. Just to be ornery, there might a Krieger thinking it'll have to wait in the bullpen, seeing as how there's a heavy sporter Obermeyer all ready to be a 6.5x53r?

Only a thought, how about a 375 Whelen for the subject barrel, if there's already a 375 Express in the rifle rack? Different enough from the Mannlicher round, more than plenty thump yet semi pleasant enough to use regularly at the range? Just for fun, maybe you can ask your smith friend if the original commission ended up with a muzzle brake? Maybe, the swamp was intended to trim ounces, but seamlessly fit a standard accessory.

-Have thought about the 6.5 but I ordered the Krieger and plan to go that way. 6.5x57 MS brass is an issue. I also like the idea of having a project in the wings
-The 375 Whelen or 375-06 are good thoughts. I haven't spent any time on the subject but were thinking of something between the current 375's I have.
-No muzzle break was ever anywhere in the thoughts back when the barrels were made.