Jim,
I'm back home now and have an antelope resting in the freezer. With a keyboard and more time, I can ask a few questions. But first, the difference between vibrating and drop tubing is unclear and debatable - recently a topic of discussion on the Shiloh forum. I use both at the same time because it makes the process move smoothly. One or the other is adequate. Compression is another thing and generally at least a little is required and it is best done with a dedicated compression die, NOT a lead bullet.

What are your goals for your rifle? Hunting, target shooting and plinking are all different and may require different things to optimize your rifle.

Are you shooting a double or a singleshot? I'm imagining a .450 BPE in a 3.25" case.

If you are hunting or expressly wanting to shoot a fouled bore, you may consider blow tubing between shots or a grease cookie in addition to wads. There are lots of good lubes out there for the bullet and cookie but there are lots of wrong ones for blackpowder too. If you are more interested in target shooting, then wiping between shots may be preferred. And then there are paper-patched bullets which are my passion, but again, it depends on what you want to do.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]