A friend has ask me to appraise a German 16 gauge built by Carl Gunterman of Dusseldorf in June of 1914. I can't find much information on the Guntermann shop. I have found drillings and cape guns but no comparable S X S. There were three Guntermanns involved. Carl Guntermann Sr. 1850 to 1880 F. Gunterman from 1865 to 1915 and Carl Guntermann Jr. 1906 to 1931. In 1931 the firm went bankrupt. This gun was made when C. Guntermann Jr. was running the firm. The gun is proofed as a shotgun, with choked barrels. It is nitro proofed for semi-smokeless powder which the predecessor of our modern powder. The gun is 45 & 3/4" long with 29 & 3/4" barrels. The LOP is 14" from the front trigger and 12 &3/4" from the rear trigger. The walnut and brass case is 32" x 9 & 1/2" x 3". The barrels are Wittener Steel. The chambers are 2 9/16" which is original to the gun.

Any information that will help me appraise the gun will be appreciate. As you will see in the pictures there are two marks I have be unable to identify. Best guesses on value are welcome.

https://imgur.com/gallery/68tCrz7

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose
you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself - Twain.