Well as the title states.

Is there a market for this type of old gun and if yes what would a guy expect would be a reasonable value......?

also

Looking for any additional info that the experts out there can provide, Lord knows I no very little when it comes to punt guns.
or even if this is truly a punt gun, maybe its just a really large duck/market gun.

What I know so far, the locks are Joseph Golcher and that Golcher was an American lock maker, maybe he was a gun maker as well I do not know.

The barrels are British proofed in the era of good old King George and with crossed staffs under a crown.

There are markings on the underside of the barrels, probably inspectors marks of some kind but I do not know and am hoping you experts can help shed some light on the whole thing.

I have included a pic of the barrels with a set of 410 sxs barrels for comparison.

I would love to know who the maker was but I suspect that will not reveal itself with the info we have, the british barrels and American lock is very interesting and I would like to know more about that, as well, I do not have a clue of potential value of these kind of guns or if there is even a market here in North America, so any views on that would also be welcome.

Last edited by tigertrout; 11/20/20 11:39 AM.